Latest iPhone Update for current Qik Video Connect users
posted this on June 06, 2011 21:31
Dear iPhone and iOS users,
Qik was acquired by Skype and our iPhone apps in the Apple App Store have moved to the Skype account. These apps now have new app ID’s. We want you to move with us by downloading the apps from the Skype accounts so that you’ll have the latest app ID’s and will be able to receive future updates. As part of this process, you’ll be able to automatically transfer your videos and settings. Here are step-by-step instructions:
1. Go to the app store and click on “Updates”
2. Tap “Update All” or tap on “Qik Video Connect Plus” and then select “UPDATE”
3. After the update has installed, open the Qik Plus app (the one with red border).
4. You'll get a message that prompts you to install the new Qik app. Select “Install free update”
5. You’ll be asked to log into your iTunes account. When you land on the Qik Video by Skype Software S.a.r.l. page, select INSTALL
6. After the app finishes installing, you will see two Qik apps on your phone. Don't worry; we'll remove one of them shortly. Open Qik Video, the updated app you have just installed. (The one with the video camera icon.)
8. On the next screen select “Qik Video”.
9. Your data is now being imported and when it's done, just select on Close.
10. Now, delete the older Qik app from your iPhone by long tapping and selecting the "x" and you are all set.